Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wednesday 4th - Drain out!

The second person we saw was the nurse who removed my drain. Hooray! So great not to be carrying that little bag around with me, and I've already noticed that I have much more capability of movement. I lay on the bed while she removed the tape and the sticky bandage and then took a couple of deep breaths while she removed the drain.

It was all over in a flash - possibly before I'd even drawn the first breath in! I thought it would be a bit more long and drawn out, but it was easy. I had been feeling a bit lightheaded anyways, so I lay down for a couple of minutes while she went and got me a drink of water. We had a look at the end of the drain, and it was very interesting. A very flexible thin tube with kind of corrugated long holes along it.

About 8cm had been inside me. It felt better the minute it was removed too. While we were there, Pasty came to check on us as well, to verify when we'd be seeing the doctors again on Wednesday 11th.