Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday 9th - Bra

I put a bra on for the first time today since the surgery on the 27th. It was hard to put on because of the restricted movement I still have with the left arm. I did manage though and it feels weird. But good, I think. I chose an older one whose cups have kind of shrunk in the wash, seeing as my breasts are smaller due to the synarel. But the left beast was a challenge to get into the cup. I don't know if it's the surgery or the swelling of the fact that I haven't worn a bra in a long time but there seems to be more breast at the side, under my arm, than there used to be. Probably from the swelling too, but the breast definitely fits the cup. In fact, I'd be tempted to wear one of my bigger cup sized bras except that then the right side one would be loose.

The strap around the left shoulder feels restrictive, but that's probably because I haven't worn one in so long. Was pleased to note that all cutting holes (under the arm and on the breast) are covered by the bra. I do wear very plain comfortable supportive covering bras anyways, so that's good.

My left breast has always been a little bit bigger than my right one. It did seem to be even bigger than usual about 6 months ago, I do recall. I was trying on bras to wear with my dress to JR & SR's wedding and the bra fitter even commented. I dismissed it and told her that the left had always been a bit bigger. At the time I just thought I was putting on/losing weight or it was hormonal, but when I think about it now, it was possibly a little bit bigger than usual. Hard to know if that had anything to do with the cancer at all, or it's just stuck in my mind because bra-shopping can be such an ordeal!