Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday 17th - Cluck cluck!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow being over with. I've had enough GA's for now. I hope it's not too sore afterwards. After having laser surgery for CINII in 2003, I reckon it won't be so bad... Here's hoping!

I've decided to make all the eggs into embryos. There is a much higher chance of getting babies from embryos than there is from eggs only. Eggs only is about 2 - 3% per egg, whereas embryos are 30 - 40% per embryo. If we have 10 embryos, and say 2 don't survive freezing, and 2 don't survive defrosting, then that leaves us with 6 embryos. If there's a 33% chance per embryo, then statistically that's 2 children. Hopefully the statistics might work in our favour, seeing as there doesn't seem to be any issue with the fertility side of things at the moment. You never know though.

L is being a super-awesome-great guy and letting us change the wording on the consent form so that instead of the embryos being discarded if we break up (unlikely) or if he dies (also unlikely so soon!), then they will pass into my 'possession'. We haven't fully investigated donation yet (to a couple or to research), but will look into it later on if there are any 'spares'. Don't worry, I'm not going to implant 8 unused embryos at once! Goodness knows how that woman ended up with 8 in the first place. My doc has controlled my limit to 10. Any more than that and I could get really sick, which is the last thing we want before chemo.