Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wednesday 25th - Talk

I talked to another patient today. This was the first time I'd talked to another person at the Breast Care clinic. I was in the bathroom by the waiting room and there was a lady there holding two drain bags and I commented to her 'I recognise those bags.' She looked like she was trying to do something so I offered to help. She wanted to squeeze as much of the fluid out of the holding container into the bags as possible. I always had L do mine, so I did hers for her.

She said her husband wouldn't do it in public. I squeezed as much as I could but she'd already done a good job. She'd had them in for several days, poor thing. We talked about the inconvenience of them a bit and I felt a bit hopeless because I couldn't squeeze more out of them, but I think they were done to the end. I wished her luck getting them out that day. It was really nice to talk to someone else. Usually because I have my whanau support group with me so I talk with them.