Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday 22nd - Pink Pilates

Mum had mentioned to me about 'Pink Pilates', which is a pilates class started in NZ especially for women recovering from breast cancer. I thought it sounded great! It's even subsidised in NZ.

It sounded perfect because I've started looking for something 'social' to do, which is also good for my body, gets me interacting with people, and out of the house. My study (by distance) keeps my mind ticking over and definitely gives me something to do, but it isn't exactly interactive (except in the virtual Discussion Board online), and certainly isn't physically active.

I thought I'd contact the Cancer Council Queensland to ask if there is anything similar here, and as I was looking it up online, I discovered that there are indeed classes here in Brisbane... and only a stone's throw from where we live! I rang them to enquire and left a message for them to call me back.

However, on closer investigation of their site, unfortunately the Pink Pilates is not subsidised like it is in NZ. Sadly, I don't know if I will be able to afford it. I'll enquire anyways and try to find out if there is any possibility of outside funding.