Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday 9th - Long day, good day

Today was another good day, even though I was awake at 4.30am. Dad arrived at about 10.30am and we hung out for the day together, which was great. Both a bit on the tired side, Dad with a very early start from PN to Wellington and then the flight from there to Brisbane. I think I'm looking more well than he'd expected. But I am on the mend today for sure. Even my arm stretches are getting easier and easier. I can stretch my arm quite a long way upwards if I do it slowly, and it doesn't even hurt, it's just slow and steady. Hopefully the physio will be impressed. I'm still paranoid about getting lymphoedema.

Dad brought gifts of Whittakers Almond Gold (my favourite) and Outrageous Fortune Series 4. Wahooo! I'm half tempted to write to the producers of OF to tell them how their show has really helped us get through this. We've watched it on recovery days, when we're too tired to do anything else, and it's been a wonderful diversion away from what's happening in real life.


Almost 9pm now. We took takeaway Chinese food from Sing's to D's where we ate dinner together and dropped Dad off. Had a great conversation about D's gaming ideas and had a few ourselves about applications for his iPhone/iPod. Dad's been giving me a hard time (jokingly) because I told him not to bring his raincoat and it's rained almost all day today and is predicted to for the rest of the week. Whoops. It's even cooled off to mid 20s.