Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday 9th - Early Morning

Had a headache last night and felt tired so went to bed at about 9.30pm, but then lay awake for a long time unable to sleep. Wasn't particularly worried about anything, just was awake for a while. It was pretty hot though. Before settling in to sleep I read my book for a bit and was running my fingers through my hair and it seemed that more hair than usual came out as I combed it with my fingers. Not a significant amount but enough to be noticeable. Haven't noticed any more than usual coming out in the shower. Not sure why this is, maybe it's just normal for me but I'm sensitive to it at the moment.

Am up now at 4.30am, unable to get back to sleep. The possums are having a field day on the roof, but that's not too bad.

Was able to sleep with my arm by my side and no pillow to rest it on when on my back. I am getting sick of sleeping on my back! So I managed a bit lying on my right side too, with my left arm half hugging a pillow, half lying on it. That was ok too.

L noticed yesterday that when relaxed and standing that I hold my left arm with the palm facing backwards, not facing my body as usual. I hadn't noticed this at all. Perhaps it's because with the palm facing backwards I can feel more of my inner arm touching the side of my body and it feels more normal. I'm pretty certain that I can feel more now under my arm and surrounding that area than I could before. Still can't lift my arm up to shave under it though, and I would very much like to. That's a motivation to to the exercises to get my mobility back as anything is!