Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday 21st - Tummy

Yesterday my tummy was very swollen and sticking out a lot. It still is today, but not quite so much. It's uncomfortable and sore. I've been drinking lots and lots of water as recommended to prevent OHSS. I had to get up about 7 times in the night for a pee. I also realise that I have only done one little poo since the operation on Wednesday. I think the drugs they give me make me constipated, as I was severely constipated after the second operation. I hope I don't get that constipated again! I also hope there is nothing else wrong with my bowel. The day I went in with the dimple on my breast, I also had abdominal bloating took 'movocol' for it, as recommended by the doctor. It worked eventually.

Recently my diet hasn't changed a lot except for drinking a lot more water and drinking some protein drinks to prevent the OHSS. I've been drinking/adding metamucil to my diet on an occasional basis, although in the last few days I have added more to try to help me to poo. I eat plenty of vegetables and legumes every day. I was taking 'elevit' until the EPU, but haven't taken it much lately. I've stopped the FSH of course, but am still on the synarel and femara. They didn't seem to have any effect on my bowel movements anyway. It's very frustrating.