Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday 6th - A good day on the whole

I actually feel somewhat normal right now. The morning didn't start so great, as I had a headache lingering from the night before. Not a big painful headache, but a slow fuzzy headache. I felt like I was swimming in it much of the day.

Took my second hormone injection and remembered to take the tablet at the same time. L went into the city to work on his course and then I went in after he'd come home to meet up with LL for lunch. L and I had a few 'words' on the phone when I was on the bus. He was stressed about his course and taking out his frustration on me, and I was feeling like rubbish anyways, so it wasn't a great combination. But we patched it up via text when we'd both calmed down a bit.

Was still feeling light headed and fuzzy headed by the time I got to Langports to meet LL. I couldn't really keep up with any conversations happening. It was like I was a child listening to adults talking - I could make out the words but I couldn't understand the meanings. It was lovely to see familiar faces though.

C joined LL and I for lunch, which was nice too. It worked out really well because I don't think I would have been a very good conversation partner on my own. I was very content to let the two of them do most of the talking and interject from time to time. Again, not sure if my interjections were coherent or related to the topic but the company was great and it was good to get out and about, even though at first it was hard.

Came home for the afternoon and pottered about. Had a little rest on the couch. Chatted to Mum on skype and Dad on google chat. Made a light dinner for L and I, then had a go at making a cheesecake from a packet. Improvisations like a lot of lemon juice helped. No dishes as yet because we've run out of dishwashing liquid!

Still got some pain in the arm and the strange sensation of no feeling combined with patches of super-sensitivity around my upper arm. Often I get tingles in my elbow or the feeling in my upper arm which is like a spider on it or a hair stuck to it (you know that tickly feeling). Also get some shooting pains in my chest, behind the breast, and some sharp pains in the back of my arm. But none lasts for a particularly long time or are so painful that I think something is really wrong. My fingers got a little bit swollen on my left hand, but that happens when I'm dehydrated, so I think it was normal.

I've been doing my exercises often. The hardest one is the crawling the fingers up the wall to try to put my hand above my head. It was hilarious when the physio was showing me the exercises and how much movement I can expect. She had her arm straight out in front of her and raised it at about a 90 - 130 degree angle to show me how much movement I should have. She's German... I didn't say a word.