Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday 22nd - Better than yesterday

Feeling much better than yesterday. I didn't sleep so well again, but this time it wasn't the getting up to pee...

I took something called Senakot, which is a laxative... and, yes, it worked! I don't think I've ever taken a laxative before. Certainly not experienced anything like this except with food poisoning. The packed said 2 - 4 tablets, so I took 2 in the afternoon, which had a little bit of an effect. So then I took 2 more in the evening and... definitely there was an effect.

I woke in the night with some severe cramping and then 'result'. Result several times in the night. I think I can understand how people have accidents in their beds now. It was so hard to drag myself up and to the toilet. But I did it and then even cleaned the toilet later on in the morning, luckily for Mike.


Things settled down a bit by mid morning, thankfully.

One thing I discovered while researching bowel movements (and their causes) online was the 'Bristol Stool Chart'. Have a look. It is very descriptive and so accurate!