Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday 5th - Tired again

Didn't sleep so well last night, so was very tired this morning and today. I wasn't lying awake worrying about things or anything like that, I was just lying awake. My arm was pretty sore, under the arm. It feels like someone's sewn a lead balloon to the underside of my arm and it pulls a bit and still feels very strange with the numbness.

Have been doing the exercises the physio set me but perhaps I overdid it yesterday as it's been a bit more sore today. Have been doing the stretches again but I don't seem to have the same amount of mobility I had yesterday. Mum says not to worry though and I'm not in any danger of seizing up.

Did my first self-injection today of the F.S.H. We first watched the info-DVD, which was great but we were a bit worried because we didn't have any antiseptic wipes to prepare the skin with. I used antibacterial hand stuff - seemed to be the same thing. L's gone to the shop now to pick up some wipes.

It wasn't so bad, and the instructions on the DVD were really helpful and clear. Didn't even hurt as much as the anit-clotting injections they gave me at the hospital. I think it helps to have a little bit extra fat on the stomach...! I forgot to take my tablet at the time but remembered later on this afternoon.

My head has been feeling a bit foggy, but no doubt that it still because of the anaesthetic. Have a bit of a headache too, but that's normal! L has started calling me Miss Bossy because he needs some reminders about doing things. Well, he did say that he'd hang the washing out this morning but then played his game all afternoon and didn't hang it out until I asked if he'd remembered...

I am getting sick of heading chck-chck bang bang bang from the game. Lay on the bed this afternoon for a sleep (I was kind enough to let him have the couch...) but then that's all I could hear: boom boom boom, bang bang bang. He didn't hear me when I called out to please turn the volume down... I did manage to get about 1 hour's sleep though, which was very much needed.

C came around at about 11am and brought us lunch. She even made our plates up and we had a delicious healthy cold meal and a good conversation. Possibly a slightly one-sided conversation because I was feeling pretty knackered, but it was great to see her. She even helped L with the dishes before lunch and washed up after lunch. What an angel.

This evening, I've booked L and I in for a facial and a massage at the health and beauty place up the road. It's the same place where I had a facial last week, which was divine. I almost booked Mike in for a facial too, seeing as they are so nice, but I thought a massage would be good. So, we're going together for a half hour facial for me and a half hour massage for him at 6pm. Yay. That's my treat for L to say thank you. See, I'm not such a grumpy so-and-so after all.

Better have a shower and think about getting dressed. I've been wearing my gorgeous new sleep top which EB sent me from Brown Thomas in Dublin. Awww! Thanks EB!
It is super-comfortable and just perfect. I was even thinking about wearing it up to the health and beauty place. I don't know if it's the hormones or the heat because I haven't been wearing deodorant, but I feel like I'm a bit more whiffy than usual. Probably it's because I usually sleep and wear the same thing for one day and one night. And I've also got my beautiful facial oil from The Body Shop thanks to G in London (not available in Australia). It's going to help heal up my scars nicely, when the steri-strips eventually fall off. I've noticed that my skin is a lot dryer than it usually is - no doubt because of the hormones too.