Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tuesday 24th - A wee break & more drugs

We left the hospital and made our way to the bus stop, caught a bus to Cultural Centre, and strolled leisurely through the park at South Bank. Stopped off for a lovely leisurely lunch at one of the cafes down there and then wandered over to nearby Eve Health.

Dr Yazdani was happy to see me (he always is so jovial; it's nice), and was glad that I'd made an appointment to see him before chemo starts. He gave me some more scripts and told me to stop the Femara, but continue with the Synarel. The first script he gave me was for
which will stop me from getting my period within the next 2 weeks. The rough plan (as I had understood it) was for me to get my period and then start chemo, but as I'm starting chemo first, he doesn't want me to get my period until later in the first cycle. He also gave me the script for the injections I'll be taking in place of the synarel. I have been given specific instructions not to lose that one as it has a special code attached to it. He very much knows what he's doing.

I had a quick talk to the nurse afterwards and she wished me well with everything. She was very pleased that we'd got seven embryos successfully frozen.