Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday 10th - Work II

Finished up at work today, for the next wee while. I had a 6 week contract with them, and this is week 4. I've got too much on with hospital appointments as well as being able to get my head around teaching. I'm not sure how long it will take after the operation for me to be up and back at work, but they said probably 2 weeks as a minimum.

So, I had to wind things up with work and get things prepared for the teacher who's taking over from me. I feel bad about leaving them in the lurch a bit, but it's all been so sudden. It was kind of hard leaving the building today, because it signified that the operation itself is getting closer and more of a reality.

I told a couple of the teachers at break why I'm taking the time off, and one of them was so sweet - she bought me some flowers and left them on my desk. I told the students that I have to go in to hospital, but didn't go into any detail.
They've been really good about it and nice at work, but I'm still 'new' there and probably haven't made much of an impression because I've been so quiet!