Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday 11th - Breast Nurse

One o'clock was my appointment time, and I got to see 5 different people today. First was a breast nurse, who asked me questions about my medical history, any current medication, height, weight, etc, and I had to say what operation I was having 'in my own words'. It wasn't Patsy, who I'd spoken to previously on the phone, because she was away at a conference. Patsy seems to be the chief organiser but this nurse was very nice. She also gave me a special pretty little bag to hold my drain-bag in over my shoulder, and a lovely little pillow for propping my arm up. That was really nice and made it feel like a human touch. Mine had even been picked out and labelled especially for me by Patsy. The bag was white with pink flowers and a matching pink cushion. It was provided by Zonta, and free for me to keep and use. Really practical and nice at the same time.