Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday 11th - Bloods

Fifth was the blood test, which the doctor had written me up for earlier in the day. I also had the paperwork for a chest x-ray, but by the time we were done it was 10 to five and they were almost shutting up shop. I popped through to get my blood test, and the nurse who did it was so great.

She was so calm and did the needle so quickly and when she changed the vials I couldn't even feel it. Usually I am a total wreck at blood tests, but this was the first one when I didn't even feel woozy. Amazing! And because she was so good and because it was my first 'procedure' at the hospital, I felt so much better about the whole thing. I really feel like I'm in good capable hands. As Dad said, they've all done it many times before, it's just me who hasn't!