Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Saturay 14th - Visitors & Doctors

Our first visitors were S and A, who also brought a lovely bunch of flowers for me. It was good to see them and have a chat too. Not long after they left, the doctors came around. I wanted to make sure I was up and about when they came in. Luckily, I was walking around when they came to the door.

There was a girl who I'd seen before, one of the three who came in to talk to me pre-op, and also had talked to me before the anaesthetic. They asked me how I was and took my dressing off. I didn't want to look at my breast at all. But I did with some encouragement, and apart from it being blue from the dye, it looked very normal. I was half-expecting a big crater in the side of my breast, but it was a nice little scar, which would sit just under my bra-line. It had some tape-stitches on it, which I was told to leave on until they fell off on their own. Otherwise, it looked almost exactly the same as before - perhaps a little bit smaller, but unnoticeable to the untrained observer. I was very happy with the result.

We were told that we could go home that afternoon (wahoo!), but then we waited until they'd picked up my drugs from the hospital pharmacy. That took a good couple of hours, but I was happy just to chill out for a bit longer.

Our next visitors were C, M, and T. Actually, I can't remember if I was told I could go home before we saw them or not. It was lovely to see them too, and have a good catch up. My lunch arrived, and I ate some of that. Rather bland, but I was still pretty hungry.