Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Saturday 14th - Breakfast

I was so hungry by the time breakfast rolled around. The meal lady brought in a tray with a plastic platter on it - you know the kind with the big lid over the food. I was so excited to be getting a cooked breakfast. I whipped off the lid, and there lying before me was one single poached egg! All on it's lonesome on a massive plate. I was disappointed to say the least. So I ate it up, and then had the weet-bix and a cup of tea. Boring!

They came to collect my plate and tidy up. I hoped the doctors would be in soon to see me. I managed to get up on my own and go to the toilet on my own (what a feat!). I went back to bed and dozed a bit, hoping isiting hours would come around soon (10am start).

At 9am, there was a gentle knock on my door, and in came Mum and L, bearing a huge bunch of flowers and a funny valentine's day card. It was so good to see them. So we chatted for a bit, and waited for the doctors to come around. I was feeling much much better by this stage. Still a bit sore, but my spirits were up and the anaesthetic seemed to have worn off.