Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday 13th - Friday Morning

It's 5.07am and I've been nil by mouth as of midnight last night, no fluids as of 4.30am this morning. I'm just about to pack my little bag to take the the hospital. Seems to me it's a bit like taking a long plane flight - got to have a couple of toilettries and a book, plus some comfy clothes (in my case, that's pyjamas).

There's check-in and then waiting, then the 'flight' then a bit of waiting at the other side. L's going to copy the first 2 discs of Outrageous Fortune onto the iPod and lend that to me so I can watch it in those dull, long hours while I'm awake and twiddling my thumbs. I can't take a phone in at all and I'm not allowed to plug anything in, so the iPod is perfect. Wish me luck for a speedy recovery and I'll see you on the other side of the operation! Feel free to ring or text my mobile or L's. L will have mine with him until I'm in a place where I'm allowed to use it :-)