Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tuesday 24th - Breast nurse

Also had a call from Patsy, the wonderful breast nurse at the RBWH. She even asked me about how my job interview went! Awww. She was ringing to tell me that the first patient scheduled for Friday had cancelled and would I like to go earlier in the day? I said, yes please. She also asked if I'd like to be first that day. Again, yes please. (She probably tells everyone they're first if they want it, but that's fine by me). So that means that I'll be in at the RBWH at 6.30am again, hopefully the operation will be at 8.30am. As long as they don't get me confused with the original first patient of the day, who was having a mastectomy plus reconstructive surgery. Yep, they can do the reconstruction a the same time as the mastectomy, how cool is that?

For me, for now, it's another Wide Local Excision (WLE) plus the Axilliary Clearance (notice there is no "u", I had the spelling wrong before. Yes, me, and English teacher! The shame!).