Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday 19th - Tired

Tired today. Was tired on Monday too, but had 2 good days on Tue & Wed. Just woke up from an afternoon nap. Before the nap I emailed about a job interview I'd been accepted for. It's tomorrow morning and I know I won't be able to commit to a full time workload at a brand new job at a new school with new people for the next 3 months or so. Bugger.

Started on the Synarel this morning. I got the all clear from the gynae-nurse that my 'count' is 49 (it needed to be above 10). God knows what the count is of. I've had so much information to digest (again) in the last 24 hours, that I'm at saturation point. Anyway, it means the IVF cycle can start, which I guess kind of officially means that chemo will happen. I already knew from yesterday at the hospital that chemo is definitely on the treatment list, but this action of starting the Synarel puffer means that it's really going to happen.

Meanwhile, my scars are healing really nicely and starting to get itchy. Shame they have to open them up again. We were really hoping for some good news yesterday and it wasn't even the 'worst-case scenrio' that been going around in my head, but worse than that.

More surgery is now booked for the 27th of February (afternoon this time), to remove the lymph nodes (breast ones only, if the doctor can discern between those and the arm ones - apparently he's very good and he can and it helps that I'm not overweight. I've found out along the way that being overweight has a LOT of complications if you have to have surgery), and to remove some more breast tissue because they didn't get a wide enough 'clear' margin last time. What a bugger, eh.

They can remove up to 25%, this time but if any more surgery is needed at all, it will definitely have to be a mastectomy. I don't even want to THINK about that at the moment. Lymph nodes (auxiliary clearance) sounds bad enough. Apparently the pain is a lot worse, and recovery period a lot longer and I'll definitely have a drain this time.